CALL FOR PAPERS
Authors, to be included in the Proceedings of CSER 2018, please
- Upload your manuscript word file in EDAS under the “Final Manuscript” tab. Note that we need this file in addition to your PDF file.
- Upload your Consent to Publish Form to the “Auxilary Files” tab in EDAS.
- If you are using materials published in another source, please upload your Permission Request Form to the “Auxilary Files” tab in EDAS.
WHEN: May 8-9 2018
The University of Virginia and INCOSE are excited to announce the 16th Annual Conference on Systems Engineering Research (CSER 2018), to be held May 8-9, 2018 at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA.
The 2018 theme “Systems in Context” is inclusive of topics across all aspects of systems engineering, industrial engineering, systems acquisition, engineering management, operations research, engineering systems, and related fields.
CSER 2018 seeks high quality papers from industry, academia, military, and government on both practical applications of and theoretical advancements in systems engineering. In addition, CSER 2018 is seeking panel sessions and technical demonstrations from industry, academia, military, and government. Papers are solicited in all aspects of systems engineering, including:
- Formative Methods and Requirements
- Integration, Deployment, Assurance
- Model-based Systems Engineering
- Life Cycle Management
- Human Factors
- Safety & Security
- System Assurance
- Systems in Society
- Decisions/Control & Design; Systems Modeling
- Optimization, Multiple Objectives, Synthesis
- Risk & Resilience
- Collaborative Autonomy
- Coordination & Distributed Decision-Making
- Prescriptive Modeling; State Estimation
- Stochastic Approximation
- Stochastic Optimization & Control
- Integrative Data Engineering
- Sensor Management
- Design of Experiments
- Smart Cities
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
Papers should contribute new theoretical work, analysis of existing systems, applications of established techniques, or case studies. Papers are invited from both academia and industry. Each paper will be reviewed by at least two members of the program committee. All papers must be original work and currently not under submission to another conference or journal.
All accepted papers (limited to 8 pages) will be published as part of a Springer proceedings series. Papers should be submitted through the EDAS system at the following link: http://edas.info/N24260
Paper Submission Template
Please be sure to utilize the CSER 2018 Paper Submission Template. The template provides detailed instructions for submission prior to peer review.
- Paper Notification: March 16, 2018
- Final Paper Submission Due: April 13, 2018
- Conference Registration Opens: February 1, 2018
In addition, submissions of optional, full-length papers are invited for a special issue of the Springer journal Environment, Systems, & Decisions dedicated to CSER 2018.
Registration and Fees:
Regular registration until 4/1/2018: $595 ($795 thereafter)
Senior/Military registration until 4/1/2018: $395 ($495 thereafter)
Student registration until 4/1/2018: $195 ($295 thereafter)
Single day registration (does include banquet) $295
Banquet guest/extra ticket $75
Direct link to registration web page: http://edas.info/r24260
The conference will be held at the University of Virginia Inn at Darden. Conference attendees may reserve rooms by phone at (866) 996-7504 (referencing CSER 2018) or online at this link.
Venue link at the CSER 2018 website: https://cser2018.com/hotel/
- Yacov Y. Haimes (Honorary Chair)
- Peter Beling, University of Virginia (Co-Chair)
- William Scherer, University of Virginia (Co-Chair)
- Stephen Adams, University of Virginia (Program Chair)
- Cody Fleming, University of Virginia (Panel Chair)
- James Lambert, University of Virginia (Publications Chair)
- Brian Park, University of Virginia (Publications Chair)
Technical Program Committee
- Stephen Adams, University of Virginia (Chair)
- Carl Elks, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Cody Fleming, University of Virginia
- Yacov Haimes, University of Virginia
- Jim Lambert, University of Virginia
- David Long, Vitech Corp
- Tom McDermott, Georgia Tech
- Chris Paredis, Georgia Tech
- Alejandro Salado, Virginia Tech
- Lu Xiao, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Steve Yang, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Ye Yang, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Others to be announced
The Editors-in-Chief and Editorial Board of the Springer journal Environment, Systems, & Decisions, and the organizers of CSER 2018 16th Annual Conference on System Engineering Research, announce a Call for Papers for a Special Issue of the journal that will feature top papers that are presented at CSER 2018. Details about the Call can be found here.
The INCOSE Systems Engineering Journal is pleased to invite papers on “Modeling and Methods of Systems in Context” for a Special Issue to be published in 2018 or 2019. The Editor-in-Chief and Editorial Board of the Wiley journal Systems Engineering, INCOSE, and the organizers of the CSER 2018 16th Annual Conference on System Engineering Research, are coordinating on this Special Issue of the journal featuring the research of top contributors to CSER 2018. At least one Special Issue manuscript author must be registered for the CSER 2018. Details about the Call can be found here.